Sisterlocks are a special type of dreadlocks that be especially popular among women but it can be worn by anyone who enjoys the style. It is a popular hair style choice because they provide a protective style that can last for weeks without having to be touched up or changed. This makes them a great choice for people who are busy or have a hectic schedule.
In addition, sisterlocks can be styled in a variety of ways, such as pulled back into a ponytail or left loose and free. And this blog will tell you what are sisterlocks, the pros and cons and how to install and care for them and so on. So if you are interested in them, read on.
What are Sisterlocks?
Sisterlocks are a type of dreadlocks, which are a unique and intricate method of styling natural hair. They are characterized by small, uniform, and permanent locs, creating a specific grid pattern. Unlike traditional dreadlocks, sisterlocks are designed to be lightweight and flexible, allowing for a wide range of styling options. The process of installing sisterlock involves the use of a specialized tool to twist small sections of hair into tight coils, following the grid pattern established on the scalp. This process would be time-consuming and you need to find professional suggestions from an expertise loctician.
The Pros and Cons of Sisterlocks
Before you installing sisterlocks, you need to do a lot of research to make sure they are suitable for you. Thus, keep reading to learn the advantages and disadvantages.
- Versatile: They allow for a wide range of styling options. You can wear your locks in various ways, including updos, ponytails, twists, curls, and more. The styling possibilities are virtually endless, making it easy to change your look whenever you like.
- Minimal Maintenance: The retightening of them typically occurs every 4-6 weeks, which is less frequent than some other natural hair maintenance routines. This means less time spent in the salon and more time to enjoy your life.
- Security: They are gentle on your natural hair. They don’t rely on heavy products or excessive manipulation, which can lead to damage or breakage. This technique promotes healthy hair growth by minimizing stress on your hair.
- Time-consuming: Creating them can be a time-consuming process, and the initial cost of installation may be relatively high, as it requires the expertise of a certified loctician.
- Permanent: They are a permanent hairstyle. While they can be removed, the process can be time-consuming and may cause some damage to your natural hair. So, if you want a temporary style, sisterlocks may not be the best choice.
How to Install Sisterlocks?
Installing sisterlocks is a meticulous and specialized process that typically requires the expertise of a certified loctician. Here’s an overview of how to install sisterlocks:
- Consultation: The journey begins with a consultation with a certified loctician. During this initial meeting, you’ll discuss your hair goals, desired lock size, and style preferences. The loctician will assess your hair’s condition and determine if your hair type and texture are suitable for sisterlocks.
- Grid Pattern: The next step is to create a grid pattern on your scalp. This grid consists of small, even sections of hair, typically using a precise parting tool and a bit of hair-friendly gel. The grid pattern ensures that each section is measured and consistent, laying the foundation for the uniformity of your sisterlocks.
- Locking Process: With the grid pattern established, the locking process begins. The loctician will use a specialized tool to twist small sections of hair into tight coils. The hair is wound around itself, creating the characteristic cylindrical shape of sisterlocks. This process is meticulous and can take several hours to complete, depending on the desired lock size and the length and thickness of your hair.
- Palm Rolling: After the initial locks are formed, they may be palm-rolled to help them settle and take on a neater appearance. Palm rolling involves gently rolling the locks between the palms to smooth them out and encourage them to stay in place.
- Regular Maintenance: Once your sisterlocks are installed, they require regular maintenance. The new growth at the roots of your locks will need to be retightened every 4-6 weeks to maintain their neatness and longevity. During these maintenance sessions, your hairstylist will use the same locking technique to address the new growth.
How to Care for sisterlocks?
Overall, sisterlocks are a stylish and protective hair style choice that can be worn by anyone who enjoys the style. They provide an alternative to traditional protective styles and allow people to wear their hair in a way that is both stylish and easy to maintain.
Where To Buy Or Get A Good Quality Loc Extensions Supplier For Business Using?
HOHO DREADS FACTORY is the first factory manufacturing and exporting human hair loc extensions to USA since 2015. Unlike other manufacturers, we are not a factory only know manufacturing and selling. We know the history and culture of locs. And with the principle of Integrity and helping clients boost their hair business, we have now deeply cooperation with over 500+ salons/brands in over 20+countries which specializing in locs.
For Personal Buyer: Directly buy loc extensions products by clicking “here” with various new loc styles, colors & size.
Or click this button directly send inquiry to us now!