If you want to install locs, you can try two strand twist locs which are the easiest way to install locs. Dreadlocks have a variety of types and installation ways to apply. And this blog will introduce you to what is two strand twist locs? What are the advantages and disadvantages of two strand twist and how to care for them? Before making your decision, read on to learn more about two strand twists.
What Is Two Strand Twist Locs?
Two strand twist locs are a hairstyle that involves dividing a section of hair into two equal parts and twisting or braiding them together. Two strand dreads are a popular style for people with natural hair or those looking to create a textured, Afrocentric look. This style works for everyone, and no matter hair length or hair texture, you can transform your hairstyle by this way. To maintain the stability of locs, the two strands must be twisted in the opposite direction. Most of people who start with this technique twist the strands clockwise but counter-clockwise also works well.
What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Two Strand Twist Locs?
From the wide variety of types and techniques, you can find that each locs is different and unique. Likewise, there are pros and cons to each type. So, before starting your journey with two strand twist locs, you need carefully study before deciding whether to install them.
- Low Maintenance: Two-strand dreads are relatively low-maintenance compared to traditional dreadlocks. You don’t need to use wax or other products to encourage locking, and they require less frequent maintenance.
- Cost-effective: This technique doesn’t require any specific tools or hair products, so it’s an cost-effective method. Compared to other types to install locs, two strand twists are much simpler. So, as long as you have some technical knowledge or practice, you can start your journey at home.
- Versatile: Two strand twist locs offer versatility in styling. You can wear them as they are, twist them tighter for a more defined dreadlock look, or even incorporate them into other styles like buns or updos.
- Protectvie: This hairstyle is very protective for the hair as it can detangle it easily and this technique does not cause any damage to the hair.
- Less Commitment: Unlike traditional dreadlocks, two-strand dreads are less permanent. You can remove them more easily if you decide to change your hairstyle.
- Time-Consuming: Creating two strand dreads can be time-consuming, especially if you have long or thick hair. The twisting or braiding process can take a while to complete.
- Tangling: Over time, two strand twist locs may become tangled or matted, especially if not properly maintained. This can lead to difficulties in styling and require more effort to untangle.
- Unravel: These twists fall apart easily after washing your hair. Therefore, you need to put in some extra effort to maintain the starter locs. However, you can keep your twists in good shape by retwisting them after washing your hair.
How To care for Two Strand Twist Locs?
Caring for two strand twist locs is essential to maintain their appearance and keep your hair healthy. Here are some tips on how to care for two-strand dreads:
- Washing: Use a sulfate-free shampoo and a moisturizing conditioner designed for your hair type. Avoid shampoos that leave residue, as they can cause build-up in your dreads. Gently massage your scalp with your fingertips while washing, and let the water rinse down your dreads to clean them.
- Drying: After washing, gently squeeze out excess water from your dreads. Avoid rubbing, as this can cause frizz. Allow your dreads to air dry or use a microfiber towel to pat them dry. Avoid using a regular cotton towel as it can create frizz.
- Retwisting: Depending on your hair type and how fast your hair grows, you may need to retwist your dreads regularly, such as every few weeks. Use a natural oil, like coconut oil, to moisturize your hair before retwisting. This helps reduce breakage and makes the process smoother. Be gentle when retwisting to avoid excessive tension, which can lead to hair breakage.
- Moisturizing: Keep your dreads moisturized by using a light leave-in conditioner or natural oils. Apply a small amount to the dreads, paying special attention to the ends and your scalp. Hydration helps prevent dryness, brittleness, and breakage.
- Night Care: Use a silk or satin pillowcase to reduce friction on your dreads while sleeping. Alternatively, you can wear a satin bonnet or scarf to protect your hair.
- Regular Maintenance: Schedule regular maintenance appointments with a professional stylist who specializes in dreadlocks to ensure your dreads stay neat and well-maintained.
Finally, two strand twist locs are a popular hairstyle and it is nice for starter locs, and if you are interested and want to try a new hairstyle, it is a good option for you. Besides, you can choose to DIY at home, or you can choose a professional loctician to apply them.
Where To Buy Or Get A Good Quality Loc Extensions Supplier For Business Using?
HOHO DREADS FACTORY is the first factory manufacturing and exporting human hair loc extensions to USA since 2015. Unlike other manufacturers, we are not a factory only know manufacturing and selling. We know the history and culture of locs. And with the principle of Integrity and helping clients boost their hair business, we have now deeply cooperation with over 500+ salons/brands in over 20+countries which specializing in locs.
For Personal Buyer: Directly buy loc extensions products by clicking “here” with various new loc styles, colors & size.
Or click this button directly send inquiry to us now!