There is a collected article about the 8 common ways to get yourself the natural dreadlocks whatever your hair kind.
Different Methods on How to Start natural Dreadlocks
Fortunately is that there are many approaches for beginning natural dreadlocks. Your hair kind, hair size, way of life, and also the dimension of locks you intend to achieve all impact which sort of method will give you the most effective results.
The crochet technique uses a small crochet hook (0.6 mm) to develop natural dreadlocks, therefore the name. These very tiny hooks are challenging to find by in your local craft shops, so you may require to search online to get one.
- Clean your hair with a residue complimentary shampoo. Let it completely dry.
- Section your hair according to the lock dimension of your selection starting from the neck, developing a square at the base. Safeguard the areas with elastic bands.
- When the hair has been sectioned, get rid of the elastic band and twist each section with your comb. Begin with the center as well as function your means down.
- Place your crochet hook in between the hairs as well as draw. Make certain the hair is dry otherwise the crochet approach will not work.
Crocheting is a fantastic technique for both textured and also straight hair. This one is for you if you desire to attain that immediate look of mature dreadlocks.
Below is a video to show you exactly how to start dreadlocks making use of the crochet method:
2.How to start dreadlocks– The Braiding Method
Many people utilize pigtails to begin their dreadlocks since the procedure is fairly straightforward. No need for expensive tools– just a sectioning comb and you’re excellent to go! This technique works best with afro hair.
Intertwining permits you to uniformly section your hair, which provides you overall control over the dimension of your dreads.
Laundry your hair with a residue complimentary hair shampoo. Let it completely dry. It’s vital not to condition your hair because your braids won’t stand up if your hair is too soft.
Figure out the size of your locks and separate your hair into areas. The larger the sections, the thicker the locks.
Once the hair has actually been sectioned, eliminate the flexible per section and start entwining.
When you’re done entwining your traditional three-strand braid, cover a solitary strand of hair around your pigtail as well as you should see your loc forming.
3.How to get dreads– The Two-Strand Twist Method
The two-strand spin method is best ideal for those with all-natural Afro-textured hair. Compared to other strategies, hair spins fear smoother and also the locs look even more aesthetically appealing. Nevertheless, strand turned locs are not as durable as knotted locs.
- Laundry your hair and also allow it dry.
- Area your hair according to the lock size of your option beginning with the nape, developing a square at the base. Safeguard the sections with rubber bands.
- Once the hair has actually been sectioned, get rid of the separate and elastic each section right into 2 parts.
- Rotate the hairs to one instructions and pass them over each other, turning them to the contrary direction.
Completions of your spins may loosen with time. You can utilize the palm rolling or comb twisting approach to re-tighten them.
4.How to Start Dreadlocks– the Comb Twist Method
The comb spin technique appropriates for any type of hair length, yet it functions perfectly on short to chin length hair. It’s likewise best for completely all-natural hair as there is a high possibility for damage. This technique includes utilizing a comb to twist the hair to create consistent looking coils.
Clean your hair with a deposit totally free shampoo. Allow it dry.
Section your hair according to the lock size of your selection beginning with the nape, forming a square at the base. Protect the sections with elastic bands.
When the hair has been sectioned, remove the flexible and also use securing gel per area.
Protect the strand of hair in the head of your comb as well as begin turning it.
As you turn, pull the comb downwards to create the loc.
5.How To Get Dreadlocks– The Twist and also Rip Method
The Twist and slit strategy allows better control over the size and also amount of your dreadlocks It typically develops a messier looking dread, which often tends to have even more volume as contrasted to various other methods of just how to begin dreadlocks.
- Clean your hair with a clearing up shampoo. Allow it completely dry.
- Area your hair according to the lock dimension of your option beginning with the nape, creating a square at the base. Safeguard the sections with elastic bands.
- Once the hair has actually been sectioned, get rid of the flexible per area and additional divide the strands into little areas.
- Divide the section right into two and also twist them.
- Draw them apart as you would certainly open up a bag of chips.
- Twist once more and afterwards draw them apart.
- Repeat this motion as sometimes as it takes until you begin noticing little knots developing. That’s your dreads !
6.How to Start Dreadlocks– the Backcombing Method
Backcombing works well for both distinctive as well as straight hair. It’s better for long hair, but can be used on hair as brief as 3 inches.
This technique entails teasing each hair area up in the direction of the origins and rolling it as you go. The locs may appear fuzzier and hollow while they are brand-new, yet will certainly compress themselves over time.
- Clean your hair with a clarifying shampoo. Allow it dry.
- Area your hair according to the lock size of your option starting from the neck, developing a square at the base. Secure the areas with elastic bands.
- Comb the hair upwards towards the scalp up until it begins to stack up. Use the palm-rolling method to make the dreads neater and safeguard them in place.
- Lock the dreads with a rubber band once you’ve reached completion.
Backcombed locs are durable and look more smooth as the hair continues to grow, that’s why it’s one of one of the most recommended techniques by several.
7.How to Get Dreads– The Freeforming Method
Freeforming ways letting the dreadlocks form on their own without you conflicting by any means. Primarily, you’re just allowing your hair loc up on its very own as well as do its very own point. You can easily do this if you never ever comb your hair after you clean it.
Certainly, the freeform approach is the most convenient method to produce locks. Nevertheless, it might take a long period of time if you don’t help your locs in all or if you don’t use any kind of special products.
You may likewise like– 7 things you’re ruining your dreads
8.How to Start Dreadlocks– the Interlocking Method
Commonly referred to as lock hooking, interlacing entails pulling the hair with itself in a rotating manner from the end of the loc to the root of the hair.
This technique is best ideal for Afro-textured hair.
- Clean your hair with a making clear shampoo. Allow it completely dry.
- Area your hair according to the lock size of your option beginning with the neck, developing a square at the base. Secure the areas with elastic bands.
- Put the hook at the tip of the dread. Run the hook with the fear in it through the origin of your loc. Continue the process till it comes to be limited and creates a ‘Y’ shape.
Interlocking is also thought about as a maintenance method in which completion of the dreadlock is pulled through the base of the new hair growth to tighten it.
Is it required to dry the hair entirely prior to dreading?
Yes. Damp hair promotes mold as well as mold development. Plus, it’s a whole lot more difficult in some cases to dread wet hair instead of dry hair.
Do you really have to safeguard each area with an elastic band?
Placing elastic bands at the base of each section can assist in saving you a great deal of time, since you do not need to keep sectioning your hair as you go. Nevertheless, some people that are made use of to doing dreads can do away with it.
How to get the best quality dreadlocks extensions at a low price?
HOHO dreads is the best wholesale dreadlocks extensions factory in the world, which can do the length of 6″-24″, and the width of 0.2cm-1.5cm. What’s more, they can do various single colors, mix colors, and ombre colors.
You also can directly click here to see all kinds of natural dreadlocks extensions.